7 May 2012

Tay in the Rain


Tide - >>H>>
Bait - Bluey, Herring, Razor

Well I popped over for another bash yesterday afternoon for another short sesh over high tide. Lovely morning that turned to torrential rain about five mins after I left home! Sods Law still in for a penny and all that. There were a lot of lads fishing behind the footie pitches as I passed but Riverside Drive itself was empty. Baits out quick smart, as ever and nothing apart from pishing rain for ages. Then a couple of massive weed monsters that almost dragged both rods over. Nightmare. An hour in I almost packed up but I didn't want the blank. Not long after I got a fairly sharp take and landed an average sized Tay flounder of 20cm fell to razor, shortly followed by another on herring. Persistence pays off :)

About that time the rain slackened off and eventually the sun came back out and it turned into a fairly nice day again (for a while). After slack water the weed came on badly again and I started casting much shorter to avoid the worst of it. Very quickly that my smaller rod had gone in it was dancing about and Ianded a flounder/codling combo. Never had a codling myself on the Tay, only a quarter pound or so but not a flounder for a change. Rebait and cast back to the same spot and another two flounders quickly appeared. The rain looked like it was going to re-appear then so I decided to pack up and head home four flounders and a wee codling to the good. Better than last time and worth the rain.

Apologies for the single photo but baw jaws here deleted the rest as uploading them.


No comments:

Post a Comment