3 May 2012

Another Day at the Tay

Location - Riverside Drive, Dundee
Tide - 2hrs>>Low
Bait - Herring


Well I had a couple of hours to kill after work yesterday while the wife was off to the gym so I took myself off down to Riverside Drive. I arrived about 2 hours or so before low tide and only really had time for 1.5 to 2 hrs fishing. It looked a lovely day with the sun out, but the wind had increased and it was fairly chilly. Both rods out quick smart in the usual pattern of one closer in and one further out.

Just as I had cast out both rods a fairly sizable flock of swans appeared to my left, flew in an arc over the rail bridge and landed in front of me (but a fair out way past my lines thankfully). Nice sight as I've mostly only seen swans in ones or two's and pretty impressive in flight together.

Still to cut a long story short I spent most of the time chatting to my cousin who poped down to say hello. One flounder caught and one big bite missed (prob trout) whilst landing the flounder. Why not the other way round lol.

Nice way to spend a couple of hours, hopefully a longer session next time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment