7 June 2013

LRF codling

Drop Shot Rig - Pink Knight Worm. 
Well just a quick trip report, I spent a couple of hours along the Arbroath cliffs again after work tonight. Such a beautiful day to be out in the fresh air and whilst not gin clear the visibility of the sea was much better than a fortnight ago, so I don't think it will be long before the lure fishing really takes off for the summer. Again as I am a LRF newby these early trips are more about accustoming myself with the gear and techniques. This time round I decided to tie a drop shot rig and use a TronixPro HTO Pink Knight Worm. I initially tested the action in the water to check how it moves and was impressed by the movement. I think this combo should account for a goodly amount of catches this summer.

LRF codling
Of the action I did have it was landed one lost one. I moved from my initial spot to fish a deep gulley about 12 feet across and was working the lure across the line of shadow and sunlight from the sun starting to go behind the top of the cliffs and quite quickly bang. Rod bent over and line zipping back and forwards. I might only have landed a wee codling of a half a pound or so but jeez that was some fun on the Ultra Light.

I also got a wee taste of what wrassing with it will be like as I had one hooked for all of 15 seconds before it spat the hook. Simply going nuts all round with the rod bent double. I can't wait to see what the summer will hold for this style of fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment