19 May 2012

Riverside Drive, Dundee

Another short trip along the road to Riverside Drive. I decided to fish behind the football pitches if there was space as I hadn't been there for a few weeks. There were a few other guys already fishing, but someone must've left not long before as there was a nice big gap between a couple of groups of folk fishing. Rods set up and oot about 3 hours before high tide. It was a wee bit breezy and cloudy but the rain stayed away and it was pretty pleasant sitting on the car's tailgate watching the rods.

After about an hour a car pulled up next to me and the driver turned out to be bobsygreen from the shoreangler forum. It's always nice putting a face to a forum name and chat face to face to folk rather than on the forum.

I'd left my baits out a lot longer than planned and thought I'd missed a couple of bites but I got a nice double shot of small flounder. These were followed a couple of casts later by another small flounder. The weed wasn't bad at all for most of the session, but started as the tide turned and grew gradually worse.  When I got another bite and landed a small coalie, with the weed getting worse all the time I decided to pack up and head home. First coalie of the year (never going to be the last lol) so that was a bonus for the species list :)


No comments:

Post a Comment