30 March 2012

Riverside Drive - Dundee


After a nice week weatherwise I was looking forward to getting out for a wee dangle of the hooks on the way home from work and to meet up with Jay for a natter before the Skate trip to Oban in a fortnight.

Getting away from work early I was fishing my one rod for a couple of hours without luck before a guy walking his dog stopped to chat, and chat and chat and chat. Talk about hind legs off a donkey and no wonder the dog looked knackered!

I was glad to see Jay turn up to divert the guys attention for a bit. Jay quickly set up his two rods and was quickly in with a double shot of flounder. Shortly after was in again with another single. Whilst I was enjoying relaxing and being out I decided to nick some of Jay's bait and immediately my rod was twitching. Not big not tiny but a a blank beater none the less. Jay was still getting lots of bites and landing a fair few whilst I was not getting much interest despite the change of bait. Still once the sun died and the wind seemed chillier we decided to call it a day, it I think it was 8-2 to Jay on the flounder front and no trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment