9 April 2012

Kingsbarns Rocks - 09-04-2012

Kingsbarns is a beach I used to live near as a lad and as I'm off on a skate trip later in the week my thoughts were to have a go at low tide for some coalies as skate bait. I got out to the end of the rocks and set up for about half an hour before low. I'd scouted around a bit before I set up and had decided on a spot that had patches of sand between kelp beds, and aim to get my baits to the edges of the kelp/sand without snagging up.

The sea was flat calm and clear and I was wishing I'd packed my spinning gear as there was nothing doing. Tried various baits, rigs and hook sizes and moved about a few time to no end and after about four hours I was pushed off the rocks. I had planned to move along the beach at this point and see if I could pick up some flatties, but the beach by this point was heaving with families and dogs and I went home a blanker. Still only the second blank of the year and a nice morning oot the hoose.

Roll on the skate at the weekend (hoping to pop my skate cherry).


No comments:

Post a Comment