7 November 2010

05/11/2010 - A small surprise at Arbroath harbour.

Bait -  mackie 
Rigs - Pennel Pulleys
Tide - low >>> high
Place -Arbroath Harbour (cage - 4)


Though the wind, swell and weather conditions were not the best as ever I continue to take any opportunity I can to get out fishing.  I'd arranged to meet Dougie and Ness at the Harbour after work around 18:30. I arrived to find the harbour full but thankfully Dougie and Ness had managed to bag one of the cages.


Cages 4 was good as it was low-tide and the first two cages don't have any water to fishing them till about mid-tide.

As the conditions were not really conducive none of us had a great deal of expectations and wondered if the fireworks display would scare off any fish? Still the fireworks were a great spectacle and I have to say much better than I expected.

As to the fishing the crabs were out in force and there was little in the way of bites. Still it was a nice evening with the stars out in force and in good company.

The whole night I had only one bite, and it had my ratchet rattling Cod I was hoping but noting little fight I realised it was not a Cod. When I had it in close I was surprised by Dougie's shout that I had a Lesser Spotted Dogfish on.  I never had my scales, but it was around the 2lb mark.



It was lip hooked so easily released to fight(ish) another day.

We fished on till around 01:15 but there was not to be any further action unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment