30 October 2010

Loch Etive - 22/10/10

Bait -  Squid/mackie/sandeels
Rigs - Pennel Pulleys

Tide - high >>> low>>>high
Place -Dunstaffnage/The Priory


I had been looking forward to this trip for a while. An overnighter with some more of the Jedi SAC coffee, craic and hopefully my first spurdog


The meet up point was at a small bay on the mouth of the Loch (technically out of it) where we would hopefully get some spurs and conger eel.

We were fishing 4 rods between 3 of us and it wasn't long before I saw my first spurrie in the flesh. 1st cast on his second rod Sharpie gets a nice run and smartly lands a beauty of a female spurdog. He's is quite excited as he immediately thinks he has broken  double figures and landed a 10lber. 


Dimensions taken (length 94cm, girth 36cm, weight 9lb 3oz) and fish tagged and released. Not the 10lber expected but a belter none the less and I was thinking I'd be happy with one half the size :)


After that we all started losing gear so we decided a move was in order and we headed round to the priory mark on Loch Etive proper.

There were a couple of Geordies there would seemed ok to begin with, but once Sharpie started hauling  out a load of spurs from 5-8lbs  one of the kept trying to cast to the same point as him and getting badly tangled with Andy's line and blaming him. 

We all packed up and left around 4 am

I managed 4 LSD's but never managed to get my Spur!  


Return trip TBA ASAP.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment