6 August 2010

1st trip west, hellish weather but two new species.


11/07/10
Location - Loch Linnie
Two hours before and after low tide
Bait - Mackerel and Sand Eels


Up early for the drive over to beat the traffic, in the end it took almost half an hour less than I thought

Grey and overcast when I arrived but minimal rain and little wind (boy that changed). Still set up and quickly had the two rods out. Bait was quickly stripped from both. I Rebaited and recast and almost immeadiately caught a (grey?) gurnard blank broken early doors. 1st new species no matter what type of Gurnard








At this point the heavens opened with a vengence and the wind whipped up. Lost a fair few bites as I couldn't tell the bites from the wind blowing the rod tips about. and was about to pack it in after the wind blew my tripod over for the second time (some of the gusts were mental).

Still I persisted and the wind and rain died back down. I was rewarded by a nice big tug on the rod and pulled in a reasonable doggie. 2nd new species. I know I'll be sick off them in the future, but happy with the first







I got my second doggie next cast. This coincided with heavens opening again so i decided to pack up and get dry.










Three fish was not a huge haul for 4 hours fishing and a 300 mile round trip but two new species can't be sniffed at.

I will be back there for sure and hopefully a thornie next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment