14 August 2010

14/08/10 - Thornie Quest 2010


Bait - mackie and squid
Rigs - Pennel Pulleys
Tide - High >>>Low
Place - Camusnagaul Ferry Landing


Early up to get to the mark for 9ish (high water 9:34).

Got there on time and had both rods in the water for high tide.

The initial midgie count was in the billions, worse than I've experienced in a long time. Still a liberal spray of Skin so Soft stopped the little buggers biting.

A few big bites early doors but nothing took.

Manny, Briser fae the Broch and his son all turned up around 10ish (I think not really sure) and quickly all had lines out. I'll leave them to post there own reports but they had a good day.

The fish arrived with the North East contingent and I soon had a couple of good sized doggies. Blank off at least.
The sun was out and the landscape beautiful


My rod started nodding again and took up the rod for a look see. On the retrieve I thought I'd snagged up but it turned out it was just a stubborn fish. Eventually in it came to reveal my first Thorn Back Ray and my target species for the day


Brilliant! It was my third trip targeting thornies and the fishing gods were with me.

Several doggies later another new species for me, a small whiting.

Then after a quiet spell a more doggies followed by a Grey Gurnard and then a Dab.



Things went dead for me and I caught nothing in the last couple of hours before packing at 6.

Brilliant day out in grand company and 5 species caught.

Doggies - 10 or so
Thorn Back Ray - 1
Whiting - 1
Dab - 1
Grey Gurnard - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment