12 July 2012

Wee head clearing session

After not being out for a month and being tied up with other things lately I took the window of opportunity to get out and dangle some hooks in the water at Riverside again. Tide timings etc were not great but at the mo I just need to get out when I can so was there and fishing an hour past low tide. The water was manky dark so just fished one rod as I didn't expect much.

 One chap fishing to the right of me with what looked like baited sabikis and another to my left fisihing similarly to me with a three hook flapper, bait of choice good old raw prawns.

I got chatting to the guy to my left (as usual never asked his name) and he was just getting back into fishing after seeing folk down the Riverside. He asked me to ID a fish he had caught over on the Fifie side just before low tide. Turned out to be a nice bass about 1.5-2lbs he had caught on fresh crab he had scavenged where he was fishing from. Jammy git :)

Baits were getting stripped and the rods rattled constantly but clean hooks were coming in all the time, tiny flatties the most likely culprits and they were soon proved to be as I landed three in two casts. It was just after these had been caught that a wee flash of silver caught my eye close into the wall and when I looked there were 100's of sandeels (or similar) boiling the water for about 20 yards either side of where I was standing (maybe further) not sure if that is normal for the Tay or not though? Would've thought the water too brackish.

I'd only brought bait for a short session so after about three hours I packed up, out of bait, with another three flounders to my name, six for the session (no photos as there was nothing of note totally average for Riverside).

Still the object was to clear the head and that was achieved and without a blank, hopefully a more productive session over the weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment