28 January 2012

Out-fished by pops

Another wee trip along the road to Riverside Dundee for a short session this time with my dad for company. A crisp (but not cold) day greeted us with a low winter sun and very little cloud. A beautiful day to be outside and the calm Tay was a lovely sight.


The spot of choice is a short 15 min drive from the house so it was off and hooks in the water quick smart. Was only going to be a short session, couple of hours or so, but it started well with dad getting a reasonable sized flounder first cast.


The wind was very light so even the smallest of bites were easy to read on the rod tips in quick succession after dad I was in with a micro flounder (honest it is there in my hand lol).

A couple of coffees, sandwich, re-baiting and some nattering later and Dad had a goodly knock on his rod and lifted into a more lively fish. As it was coming in I could see some flashes of silver even in the murky water, just before a nice sea trout broke the surface. Duly landed, a couple of photies and it was off back to grow up a bit. Never had the scales but I think around the 1lb mark and cracking clean bar of silver to boot.

Another small flounder for Dad heralded the sun disappearing behind the clouds and a colder breeze picking up. One more cast was decided upon before beating retreat for home. And yup you guessed it 4-1 Dad with another flounder.

Well I'm claiming the moral victory as I baited every single hook and it must've been my tasty baits bringing him the fish. Still my single micro flounder saved the blank and it was a really enjoyable afternoon an the Riverside with my old man.




No comments:

Post a Comment