13 January 2012

First Trip and Fish of 2012


Bait - Bluey
Rigs - Flapper
Tide - Dropping tide
Place - Dundee, Riverside


Well sick of the sound of my own moaning at not being out for the past two and a half months with dodgy knee among other things I decided tonight I was going out no matter what to get the fishing year under way for myself. 

Off to Riverside in Dundee with my pal Alan (not a fisherman but likes to tag along now and again) for an easy short session out the back of the car. Set up with a rod each sharing a tripod along from the railway carriage restaurant. Just looking for flatties so small hooked flappers and small strips of buey it was. 

Nothing doing for the last hour apart from a steady procession of cars looking for a quiet spot for good knows what :batman: still each to there own. And also horrible grassy weed, pretty hellish stuff to remove and loads of it too boot. Still with only intending on fishing a couple of hours it wasn't that bad. 

Cutting to the chase I had a couple of wee flounders 14-16cmish and Alan blanked, so first session of 2012 unspectacular but ending a long fishing drought without a blank was top notch 



Was a different experience from the usual for me sitting in the car listening to the radio between casts. Maybe not for me often that type of fishing but needs must and was a good night spraffing with my pal. 

Roll on the next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment