4 June 2011

Wormit again 04-06-2011

Bait - prawn

Rigs - flappers - 2, 1 &; 1/0 hooks
Tide - Low to High
Place - Wormit Bay


Driving over the Tay Bridge to the Kingdom of Fife once again this morning for a bit of fishing at Wormit. I was going just before low tide, knowing that I wouldn't be able to fish for a couple of hours as the tide was too far out. But had a wee walk along the waters edge in mind to scout the lay of the land a bit further afield.


 I particularly wanted to walk along to a derelict pier and build I have often looked at from round the bay but have never before gone to look at.


I was glad I did as I found a few promising fishing spots along the way and when I finally got the the pier and building  I was intrigued as to the structures and what purpose they might once  have served as there did not seem to be any road or track leading to them from the farmland to their rear.



 I stopped walking and turned back to the car when I got the a headland where the shingle strip I was walking on next to the estuary mud started running out and I didn't fancy stepping anywhere near the thick gloopy mud!

Did take one last photo from the walk though.


So back to the car it was for a quick coffee and then it was fishing time.

 Short walk along the bay to a sport where the water was close in and two baited rods out quick smart. One close and one further out.  Just after I had my rods set up Grumpa arrived with Jonty followed shortly by Sultzer. 

I have to say I was pretty guilty of neglecting my rods in favour of a chinwag so it was a bit of a surprise when I reeled in to change the bait to find a reasonable 25cm flounder. Blank off first cast again for the second time this week.


Nice lively fish that seemed to have a bite mark on its back. From another fish??? Back it went to the river to plumb up and be caught another day.

Everyone else quickly followed suit with similar sized fish. Grumpa and Sultzer also landed another couple of flounders. 

Time to change bait again and I ended up with a similar result of a fish on that I hadn't seem bite. I could tell that this was a better fish as it was not happy about coming in. I landed my best flounder to date of 32cm and around the lb mark. The greedy beggar had taken both 1/0 hooks on my rig with a king prawn on each!


Quite soon I had to go and left Grumpa And Sultzer fishing. Both had been getting a few good bites just before I left but had only added a couple of postage stamp sized flounders to the catch list. Hopefully things picked up again after I left.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment