31 May 2011

Fishing at last

30th May 2011

Bait - prawn/lug

Rigs - flappers - 2, 1 &; 1/0 hooks
Tide - Low to High
Place - Elliott Beach , Arbroath

It has been a few weeks since I have managed to get out fishing between atrocious weaather and work/family commitments, so I was determinded come hell or high water to get out on the holiday Monday.

So after dropping my wife of at work I decied to go up to Elliott beach as I hadn't been there for several months. Not getting there earlier I missed the best of the tide as I like to fish there a couple of hours either side of low and it was already about an hour past low tide when I arrived.


Still in for a penny and all that and quicktime the baits were out. One just behind the gentle rollers and one out as far as I could get it (not far lol). It was grand to be out after so long. I didn't have long to wait to break the blank as after only about 5 mins I got a bite that resulted in a flounder of approximately 20cm.



Now I'm not hugely superstious but I don't like catching on my first cast as it often turns out to be the only catch and that turned out to be unfortunately. I fished the tide up and had thought to fish it back down again but was chased off the beach by a combintion of flies (hellish amounts of them) and a particularly heavy down pour.

After lunch and with some bait to burn I decided a short session out the back of the car at Wormit was in order.


Lovely day considering the past two weeks but unfortunately all I got was sunburn! I think I picked the wrong side of the Tay as I spoke to a couple of guys, just before I left, who had been over at Riverside Drive and had had 14 flounders there.

Still cracking day to shake out the cobwebs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment