24 May 2014

Loch Leven

After fishing Loch Linnhe the night before with the big rods I decided to fish the old slate barge moorings behind Loch Leven hotel on the way home next morning with the LFR gear. In contrast with the night before there wasn't a breath of wind and the sky was mostly blue. Lovely you think well the little Scottish vampires were out in force and I look like I have measles this morning with all the bites, especially my wrists for some reason.


Still in for a penny and all that, I spent a few hours winkling out some micros. Lots of Poor Cod falling to isome.


And the best fish of this session a small codling falling to a pink HTO Knight Worm. Though I was going to lose it as it went like stink on the small rod.


I was hoping for some wrasse, pollock or trout but none showed themselves before I beat retreat due to the midgies.

No comments:

Post a Comment