3 February 2013

Species count finally off and running



After having a completely fish less January after a single blank I was determined to get out and get 2013's fish count of to a start. My plan was a slightly early finish to work to fish the Tay half tide up. But as I got caught up and never got away when I wanted I wasn't too hopeful as I'd missed the best of the tide when I set up. But a beautiful view as the sun set was worth a wee session even if a second blank was on the cards.
Flounders were my target so usual practice of one rod close one mid distance and to cut a long story short only had a couple of fish. One flounder of 22 cm and a wee coalie of 20 cm. Two hours only before the dreaded weed started after the tide turned and chased me home.

Also had a nice, though slightly remote, wildlife encounter on the way home as a lovely Barn Owl ghosted along just to the front right of my car the full length of a straight on the back roads home. Was probably on 30-45 seconds but was a great sight and put a big smile on my face.

Not a great session over all but still glad to have got the species count off and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment